I have a stack of agency, higher educaton, and in-house design & development experience. I love creating a variety of things from the initial sketch to the finished coded product.
You can learn more about me and see more of my work by following the social links below.
Code & Techniques
- Mobile First Design
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe XD
Lead UI/UX Designer
Veterans United Home Loans / 2018—Present
I am involved with the design and development of VeteransUnited.com with a focus on organic traffic conversion via our custom lead form framework and an accessibility advocate.
- Designed/developed the VA Homebuying Course site
- Designed/developed various mortgage calculators
- Use A/B testing on various design tweaks to optimize conversion rates
- Manage a team of junior UI/UX developers
Senior UI/UX Designer
Delta Systems / 2017—2018
I worked as a Senior UI/UX developer focusing on WordPress and E-Commerce sites. Work included sites for local businesses, restaurants, and festivals. As an approved vendor for the University of Missouri, I also built university sites that adhered to university accessibility and brand guidelines.
Front-End Designer & Art Director
University of Missouri / 2005—2017
I worked in the central communications office under the chancellor doing a variety of work. Highlights include:
- Designed and edited accessible user interfaces for web sites and applications (Sites included Admissions, Registrar, Mizzou News, Mizzou Magazine)
- Adhered to the Web Content Accessibility Guideline (WCAG) AA standard
- Worked with photographers, writers, editors, and information architects to design and produce university publications and web sites
- Built sites in content management systems (WordPress and Cascade Server)
- Wrote and maintained documentation for produced sites
- Trained content creators in content management system use
- Oversaw university branding standards and created a Mizzou design system
- Gave regular presentations on design and accessibility to the campus Web Developers Group
University of Missouri / 2000—2005
I worked in the central publications office under the chancellor with photographers, writers, editors, and web developers to design various university publications that included annual reports, magazines, web sites, posters, brochures, ads, and student recruitment materials.
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Graphic Design Missouri State University